Behavioral Health in Nevada.
League's Behavioral Health Committee has spent the past year investigating the state of behavioral health care in Nevada by interviewing members of the community involved in the field.
We have issued a Position Paper that outlines several priorities for the 2019 legislative session. Among them are:
1. Nevada must create education paths and jobs in the behavioral health fields.
2. Nevada must create reciprocity for behavioral health professionals from other states.
3. Nevada must analyze current programs to prevent redundancy of services.
4. Nevada must provide teachers in K-12 and higher education with professional development opportunities in managing behavioral health needs.
5. Nevada must open clinics offering integrated health and social services on elementary school campuses.
The full Position Paper is available at: Position on Behavioral Health in Nevada
Our committee meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com.